ForDiag.cz

Fórum o autodiagnostice
Právě je 27 dub 2024, 13:58

Všechny časy jsou v UTC+01:00

Autor Zpráva
PříspěvekNapsal: 03 čer 2015, 22:48 

Hi Tomas,
I have a ForDiag tool since May 2014 for use on my Mondeo Mk4 and Mk1. Many thanks for extra connector & pins for use on Mk1 - last autumn it helped to diagnose and save the Mk1 from sending to scrapyard :) . I hope you could help me to explain some ForDiag readings for the MK4.

The vehicle: '2007 Mk4 Mondeo, 2.0 Duratec-HE (AOBA).
There was a prolonged cylinder#2 misfire (P0302 code, pending & confirmed). It was fixed with new spark plugs and ignition coils.
There also was a P2101:00-28 (Throttle Actuator Control Motor Circuit Range / Performance) at the same time. It was not investigated.
Both codes were cleared and have not returned. The engine seemingly runs fine.

~800km later P0420 appeared (pending, later confirmed). It is the only engine/emissions/general code present. I expected failure of the converter because of heavy & extensive contamination with fuel during the P0302 (now fixed).
However, theoretically there may be other causes for P0420 still present. Before installation of a new catalytic converter and o2 sensors, I'm trying to use ForDiag to make sure that engine functions OK and that there aren't other possible P0420 causes which could damage the new converter.

1) Catalytic converter efficiency
Vehicle stationary, 2000-3000 rpm, coolant temperature ~90:
https://youtu.be/dgoKdZ4RhWk
Downstream o2 sensor is obviously "copying" the upstream sensor at 2000-3000rpm, so this converter has failed. Correct?

2) Fuel trims STFT/LTFT
I hope it was OK to use the same testing conditions (vehicle stationary, 2000-3000 rpm, coolant temperature ~90) also for STFT (LAMBSE1) and LTFT (KAMRF1) measurements:
https://youtu.be/CAFQfR4PRSw
STFT (LAMBSE1) seem to fluctuate within 0.90-1.05, LTFT (KAMRF1) - around 0.95. Is this OK?

3) Open loop/ Closed loop
I am confused about my actual open loop / closed loop condition when the coolant and o2 sensors have warmed up. I've taken similar readings with other scan tool (Autoenginuity) in similar conditions (before and after use of ForDiag) and it always showed closed loop. ForDiag always shows open loop. See this ForDiag video -
https://youtu.be/bMSLhH7sPnA

Any ideas about what's going on?
I also added PID olflg in the 1st and 2nd videos, it reads "0" all the time. Does "0" value of PID olflg mean open loop active or inactive?

4) Are there any other readings I should check as cause for P0420?

5) KAM adaptations
Should I normally reset KAM manually after each significant event (e.g., after fixing cylinder#2 misfire and clearing P0302, or after installing new converter and clearing P0420)?
Does this KAM adaptations map shows anything suspicious?

Thank you in advance!

Obrázek

PříspěvekNapsal: 04 čer 2015, 08:50 
Administrátor

1, "this converter has failed. Correct? "
Yes, this converter has failed. Rear EGO should "stay" or oscilate minimally around stoich.
(btw. both your EGOs seems nice (fast in transitions).)

2, STFT oscilate around 1.00 always when the engine is adapted yet. It is ideal.
Your engine has 0.95 KAMRF (= 95% LTFT) = almost ideal. No problem.

3, open/closed loop
There is definitelly error in Fordiag "LED".
I remember there is difference between different types of engines and Fordiag must deal with it.
It does bad in your case, sorry :-(
I have to do some tests on your type of engine.
olflg = 0= closed loop in this case
olflg = 1= open loop

(In case ecu would be in a true open loop, there should not be EGO cyclic at this time -> STFT almost stays
at some value.)

4, don't know, sorry

5, seems nice

PříspěvekNapsal: 04 čer 2015, 10:26 

Many thanks for response!
Citace:
Citace:
3) Open loop/ Closed loop ... "0" value of PID olflg
There is definitelly error in Fordiag "LED" ... olflg = 0= closed loop in this case ... in a true open loop, there should not be EGO cyclic at this time -> STFT almost stays at some value
Fine for me - if I truly need to control loop status in gauges tab, I may set up a new olflg gauge and check if it shows "0" or "1".
Citace:
Citace:
5) Should I reset KAM...after each significant event? ... Does this KAM adaptations map shows anything suspicious?
seems nice
The map shows condition present at 800-1000km after a major event (heavy misfire) + fixing the cause + clearing the code. You confirmed this map looks good. I understand from your answer that, for the purpose of "informing the ECU that it's OK to run on normal operating conditions again", after fixing the problem it is enough to clear the code (i.e., I do not need to clear the code + reset KAM adaptations map).

P.S. Thanks for the development and existence of the ForDiag tool - it's the only tool I have left for use with my Fords, as the other tool (Autoenginuity v.12.1.1) had severe and potentially dangerous communication problems with the Mk4. As a result, I am and will be using only ForDiag for the MK4, and I hope you will find it possible to answer some other questions in the future :) .

PříspěvekNapsal: 14 črc 2015, 18:23 
Administrátor

Open / closed loop "LED" fixed
in version 1.26
here is a link for download: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=292

Všechny časy jsou v UTC+01:00