ForDiag.cz

Fórum o autodiagnostice
Právě je 19 dub 2024, 01:41

Všechny časy jsou v UTC+01:00

Autor Zpráva
 Předmět příspěvku: some suggestions to improve diagnostics
PříspěvekNapsal: 20 led 2014, 19:51 

Hi, my experience is mostly with petrol engines managed by EEC-IV and EEC-V in the 1990-2000.
ForDiag is excellent for someone who 'knows' how the engine and systems operate however some data has to be displayed differently, some bot analog and digital and to optimize the diagnostics i have a few suggestions. These might improve diagnostics on all other engines too. Basically they are to improve the feedback/data which the person who diagnoses the car gets from the program to locate fault(s).
In the "Gauges" screen
- (the important one) Under TPS, Coolant temp and Intake Air temp gauges it will be very very good if the voltage is displayed, just like the MAF. In the books and programs the desired temperatures are described on the base of voltage, not vice versa, so if the diagnostic (person) knows the voltage will be better than guessing by the dial.
- Spark angle with is always and rapid changing but it will be good if under the dial there is a digital form too to acuratly see changes in crank advance/retard.
- pulsewidth alone says little. If with a formula it is combined with RPM and maybe %load or speed it will be very good to get information about the fuel consumption in Liters/Hour or Liters/Kilometer. If injectors are changed and different are used this may give more information about their performance and impact on the car.

In the "Service" screen where KOEO and KOER tests are
You know when codes were pulled with LED, after certain blink code the person had to rotate the steering wheel to activate at least once the power steering pressure sensor and after other blink to depress fully but shortly the gas pedal.
With ForDIAG this cant be done because it operates differently. However someone (including me if i find that car around) can use a chronometer while reading codes with LED from early ECU to locate around when, at chich second(s) after the start of KOEO or KOER are these blink signals, then in ForDIAG a timer with green "led" or bar near it can light up when the time comes. That way 2 unncecesary errors will be eliminated.

I will see for other areas of improvment from experience and will write too. I'm very happy with the program Tomin, cheers.

PříspěvekNapsal: 20 led 2014, 23:12 
Administrátor

Hi,

thanks for your suggestions.
ad gauges:
I have on TODO list possibility to save/restore gauges configuration (I know, long time, but it is near, I hope :-)
Then, every user can modify current and/or create new gauges with any PID. For example with temperature sensor voltage, of course.
There are many versions of engines and every system is different. Automatic reconfiguration of gauges is big load for me. I would like to give freedom to user invention.
I would like to do save/restore action little bit smarter than normal load/save to disk folder.
Would like to give possibility to load/save configuration for specific "engine type" class. And there will be possibility
to tick some switch with "autoload this gauges whenever connection to this type of engine will be connected".
Then, users can create gauges set by self (and can share this config file with others, of course) for specific engine type.
This gauges-set could be focused, for example, for CHT diagnostic, or for pulsewidth+fuel consumption, etc.

ad consumption:
hmm, it needs some more processing to calculate consumption. It can not be achieved by simple PID reading.
There must be some type of scripting for "specific" (understand user created) PIDs with possibility to calculate average values, etc. It could be fine for more values. For example acceleration calculation/measuring, etc.
Have it on TODO too. :-)

ad KOEO/R:
I know, but it is little annoying, not as big ....
But, it could be done simply if someone measure time for both actions. Thanks in advance.
(I don't have EEC IV with LEDs here, yet)

Všechny časy jsou v UTC+01:00